Friday, February 8, 2013

speak no evil?

Through circumstance I have recently relived some painful memories of a fake Agile process I was a part of in which others really wished I'd just shut up when I started to speak to problems in retrospectives. I'm a goofy guy and have a big mouth. I'm trying to grow more restrained in what I broadcast, and in today's standup I found myself hesitant to pipe up with a suggestion, probably because of some other recent memories. Anyways, I overcame my fear, spoke, and others generally thought I had a good idea. I guess the gods favored me today.

My idea: If someone is largely unresponsive (due to being legitimately busy with a juggling act) and you need him/her to respond to an email inquiry, try to set a meeting-by-phone in the future instead of waiting patiently for a reply. The pending meeting will serve as a point in time before which you should have a response, as you'll otherwise be talking about the email sent if there was no feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment