Monday, February 4, 2013

It is painful to make TFS download to a new location.

The place to do it has changed in TFS for Visual Studio 2012. It is now at:
File > Source Control > Advanced > Change Source Control

One of the things rough about this is that you have to have the project at hand open in the Solution Explorer. I don't know where this convention came from. I'm not a fan. Alternately: If you just need a clean copy out of TFS you can rename the folder that stuff has been downloading to to be something else. TFS will then recreate the folder. I destroyed all of the temporary folders in the root of the target folder that TFS makes before the rename, but I am not certain one would need to do so. The TFS folders are named something like $tf9 and they remind me of other folders I've seen named .svn.

No comments:

Post a Comment