Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tweetbot disenchantment

Today Tweetbot just stopped working on my iPhone 4S running iOS 8.1.3 (12B466). It failed to connect to Twitter and started telling me that I needed to update to version 4. Supposedly (or so it said) I could go into the app store and go to "Updates" and then to "Purchased" to finally click on Tweetbot 3 to upgrade it, but when I do all that the app store just spins and spins, struggling. Grrr. I could just buy version 4 for five dollars, but who cares? I don't see why I can't just use Twitter's mobile-friendly web site at my iPhone instead of Tweetbot. Tweetbot is no TweetDeck after all. (I miss you TweetDeck.) You know, I work with someone who has a Windows Phone and when I've asked him about dealing with the lack of apps for Windows Phone he has just sort of shrugged as though it were not a problem and responded by saying "I just go to the web" or something similar. I'm starting to know how he feels. Who cares about smartphone apps? Open your eyes Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment