Wednesday, October 21, 2015

transclude

SolarWinds is moving away from the ASP.NET web forms driven web interfaces it has built up over the past ten years to a modernized AngularJS-overtop-of-ASP.NET-MVC-Web-API-calls-to-a-backend UI. This new, decoupled UI may sit on top of a mocked API making it easy to test and I saw a Mr. Rob Stovenour speak on it tonight at SolarWinds' facility. It is all encapsulated in a currently private yet soon to be public GitHub project called Xui and I'll soon offer the notes I took up here at this blog. In the meantime, here is a teaser: A concept I learned of tonight is transclude, and it is an AngularJS space concept. In this concept one may put a component inside of HTML tags and the outside tags wrapping the element may be included, sucked into the component as part of its boundaries. I don't know how it works yet. I imagine that if a component sits within a section tag within an article tag within a body tag that there is some means to look up two levels and pull the article tag in, for example. Do I have this right?

No comments:

Post a Comment