Monday, October 22, 2012

1st Titanium App!

At C:\Users\tjaeschk\My Documents\Titanium_Studio_Workspace I created my first Titanium app. The Android and BlackBerry options are initally greyed-out. They seem to require configuration. My app is named "Jaeschke" with an application id of com.tom.jaeschke.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I am making a "Tabbed Application" and I am warned "Requires Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8.0+." Do I already have the SDK?

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

The app comes with an "Open New Window" button and I decide that enough work for a first app is to just make the button say "Tom Jaeschke was here!" I change about \i18n\en\strings.xml and \i18n\ja\strings.xml

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I change up \Resources\ui\handheld\ApplicationWindow.js to reference the XML changes I just made at the "strings" files.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I preview my app!

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Next challenge: How do I get the app out to the iPhone App Store?

No comments:

Post a Comment