Tuesday, August 23, 2011

time to get off of Cassini?

Our app is using "{controller}/{action}" as a default route instead of "{controller}/{action}/{id}" as there is some other home-rolled service that wraps the routing that throws a fit when UrlParameter.Optional is injected into Global.asax.cs like so:

new { controller = "Home", action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional }

 
 

So what are my options for passing an id? I could so this...

return RedirectToAction("Details", new { id = id } );

 
 

...but when I do I get an error reading "Server cannot append header after HTTP headers have been sent." (That said, if one clicks F5 through the errors the process is eventually successful and does what is intended serving up a URL line ending in /Details?id=bbb6db33-8f4d-406e-8c3a-9f48008e4608) ...I've read only that this is a fix for the error...

Response.Headers.Clear();

return RedirectToAction("Details", new { id = id } );

 
 

...but it gives me an error about IIS integrated pipeline mode being required. Half our team is running the app in Cassini (including me). Is it just time to get off of Cassini?

No comments:

Post a Comment