Monday, August 7, 2017

Profiler versus LINQPad

I am newly working in an environment where there is an ORM once more. A coworker asked me about how to see the SQL and that led me to try to get my head around SQL Profiler for the first time in a dog's age. This has some of the how to. Basically, you will type "SQL Server Profiler 17" at the start bar in Windows 10 and then pick "New Trace..." and afterwards you will either be told "In order to run a trace against SQL Server you must be a member of sysadmin fixed server role or have the ALTER TRACE permission." or you will be able to spy on the SQL being generated at the server with success. Now having said all that, I am also learning today that one more amazing thing that one may do with LINQPad is spy upon Entity Framework SQL traffic with it. I do not yet have my head around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment