Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Flywheel

San Francisco is a cab town! I was there for a long weekend (made much longer by Hurricane Harvey) and there were cabs everywhere. In chatting up cab drivers I got the impression that Uber has reduced business to 60% of what it was but things are still cab friendly. Flywheel is a cab company in the region that has a mobile app for ordering a cab, tracking the cab, and you can just pay through your app account instead of swiping a card in the cab or giving the driver cash.

I took a Flywheel cab across the Golden Gate Bridge and back on Saturday, the 26th of August, so that I could cross that off my bucket list. (I mean the Golden Gate Bridge and not riding in a taxicab.) The driver complained of Uber and of skyrocketing prices in SF ($3,000/month for an apartment) so maybe things aren't that rosy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment