Saturday, March 14, 2015

Virtual Venture

I don't mean venture capitalism that isn't real. I mean venture capitalism for virtual reality. It's spiking. I got my haircut at a Supercuts today and while I waited in the lobby I found the February 2015 issue of Wired Magazine at the magazine rack and in the midst of an article on Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella there was this chart!

I read recently that we are going into a venture capital bubble anew as the American economy improves. One fortunate thing that this article suggested was that only about a quarter of the stupid was being pumped into tech companies this time (in contrast to the bubble at the turn of the millennium) and that pharmaceutical musings were instead all the rage. Hopefully when the bubble pops the tech sector won't be as destroyed as it was at the end of the rave era. Happy Pi Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment