Thursday, March 12, 2015

The extension is not listed in the Visual Studio Gallery.

Alright, I see this error when I try to pull PostSharp out of my company's in-house Nuget repository and build with it in Visual Studio 2013, as I end up seeing a wizard for PostSharp materialize and when I next-next-next through the wizard I end up seeing "The extension is not listed in the Visual Studio Gallery." at the very end. This suggested that I need "VS extension build 3.1.43" even though I am attempting to use version 3.1.49! Attempting to go forward I found this which suggested that I go to "Extensions and Updates..." beneath "TOOLS" in Visual Studio and then search at the upper left, but that seemed to lead me to version 4.0.43 and I don't want an upgrade. Further Googling lead me to https://www.postsharp.net/downloads/postsharp-3.1/v3.1.43/PostSharp-3.1.43.vsix which lead me to bet there was a https://www.postsharp.net/downloads/postsharp-3.1/v3.1.49/PostSharp-3.1.49.vsix and I was right. I downed the .vsix from here and manually ran it and now the application builds just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment