Thursday, March 19, 2015

a race to the bottom for content?

A coworker told me today that Amazon has set up a second site for a Netflixesque subscription service for books. Publishers of the books read at this site are given a financial incentive per page read and thus there is an inclination to just publish the first hundred pages of a would-be book to see if anyone bites and then maybe follow it up with another hundred pages if it's profitable. This is not the way to write books guys. The same coworker suggested that there is a lot of quick-out-the-door poop strung across Netflix itself too. I don't own a television so I haven't seen the bad of our modern streaming era for myself. I've heard I'd have to spend about two thousand dollars to buy a modern pimped out TV. Maybe I should just find another hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment