Thursday, November 1, 2012

div is depreciated in HTML5

...or is that deprecated? Whenever I'd use the term depreciated at HDRI someone would correct me and tell me to use deprecated. :)

Anthony Dominguez was telling me about this this morning and he asserted that one of the things mentioned in these presentations is that one should use a div to break stuff up as a last resort only. This idea is going to be a BIG change for me as div is my crutch for everything! Anthony said that the videos suggest using article and section instead of div. It looks like they both may have header tags inside of them and that at least section will accomodate a footer tag as well. Yikes. I remember how painful it was for me to stop crafting everything with Dreamweaver tables and go to a tableless design, embracing CSS. I'm in for another jarring change again.

No comments:

Post a Comment