Thursday, November 7, 2019

I think I've talked myself out of a return trip to North Carolina.

The trip I took this year was kinda weak. Hurricane Dorian loomed and I ended up getting out of there early. The last night I was there I was in a Cary hotel room and there were several individuals fleeing the storm further inland from the coast. Also, I picked the week of Labor Day to go by accident and that meant fewer meetups with tech talks. Lame! Anyhow, I did get to see the Tech Triangle and while I have been telling myself I need to go back a second time, just today I have talked myself back out of that. A better visit does not have to be a bucket list to-do. Just so that everyone knows I have been to Charlotte once before. I was there on 8/28/2016 and I took this photo of a weird IHOP. The chicken sandwich or hamburger or what have you that I ordered had sour cream on it and it was inedible. I dug up the photo from Facebook just now.

 
 

Addendum 11/8/2019: Is that a tumor on the side of the head of the guy in the black shirt by the ear? Is that what the girl in the red shirt is gawking at?

No comments:

Post a Comment