Saturday, October 14, 2017

AngularMix

Alright, the AngularMix was this week. I was in Orlando, Florida for the first of what is hopefully an annually reoccurring conference on Angular 2 and up. The event was held at Universal Studios at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Richard Campbell and a partner of his were the keepers of the event, coordinating things.

I'm exhausted. I promise I will type up blog postings on each of the talks I saw, but it is going to take me some time as there was so very much to see and do. Thanks to Jeremy Elbourn, Ward Bell, and Thomas Burleson for letting me catch dinner with them Wednesday night. It was intriguing. I learned a lot about the now extinct giant birds of New Zealand. We seemed to reach a consensus that "Much Ado About Nothing" was one of the easier of Shakespeare's works to digest.

It wasn't Jeremy Elbourn, Ward Bell, or Thomas Burleson, but someone (I will not drop the name.) confessed that the decision to keep the name Angular in changing from Angular 1 to Angular 2 when there was such a giant leap for mankind was strictly a marketing strategy. Google had to find someone with enough Stack Overflow points to change the topics that were "Angular" to "AngularJS" to accommodate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment