Thursday, March 8, 2012

I am struggling to create a Workflow in SharePoint 2010

Per this blog posting I have tried to:

  1. create a list
  2. create a column for the list of choice type
  3. create a three-state workflow for the list

 
 

I can't seem, so far, to get the list I created to be valid for the workflow. What am I missing? Let's go through the steps again:

  1. create a list
    • At: Site Actions > Site Settings > Lists > Create > Custom List
  2. create a column for the list of choice type
    • IceCreamScoop, test, FooBarBaz, and Hello are examples of lists I've created (if I weren't making screen grabs I would pretend I had used better names) in an attempt to create a workflow. I am able to add a column to the Hello list here:
    • In the dialog box which appears, I select the type value for Choice and also define what my choices will be.
  3. create a three-state workflow for the list
    • Site Actions > Site Settings > Libraries > Create > Document Library ...let me create a document library with the terrible name "OK." I tried to then add a workflow like so:
    • I completed the first of at least two configuration modals without issue. I clicked on the Next button here:
    • I then found that there was no way to pick a value at the "Select a 'Choice' field:" drop down making it impossible to proceed.
    • What am I screwing up???

No comments:

Post a Comment