Thursday, September 24, 2015

how to use the stamp tool in Adobe Photoshop

https://40.media.tumblr.com/b260c05d8459dbeee868932b257b073c/tumblr_num9i1Qs0z1rocrnwo1_r1_1280.jpg has a photo of Sarah Gadon which was taken by David Cronenberg's daughter Caitlin which I found online at tumblr. I thought it was pretty good, but clearly it also needs some love.
The first step in using the Rubber Stamp Tool is to select it. I guess it's called the Clone Stamp Tool in modern incarnations of Photoshop. Whatever.
When you just click and drag with this tool it will start copying the image from a second predefined point so before you just click and drag you will need to pick the predefined point. If you don't, Photoshop will squawk at you in objection. If you hold the Alt key and then left-click you may pick the "copy from" point. Above I have the cursor over the center of Sarah's left eye and I'm holding the Alt key. I click the mouse to pick this point.
I now release both the Alt key and the mouse and move the cursor to the center of Sarah's forehead. Once I left-click and drag I start drawing over the image at the "copy to" point the portion of the image at the "copy from" point. Get it?
There! Now Sarah is even more beautiful! Who would have thought that was possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment