Thursday, May 21, 2015

Your American credit card should work in Canada.

I was telling a coworker about last week's trip to Canada today and he said that when he went himself that he didn't exchange cash for cash and that instead he was able to just pay everywhere with his regular credit card. He didn't offhand know how the exchange rate behaved behind the scenes in these transactions. If just one U.S. dollar is spent like one Canadian dollar that would be a bit painful I suppose.

When I went I just immediately drove to a friend's house and then at her bank she exchanged cash on my behalf. I turned five hundred U.S. dollars into like five hundred sixty-nine in Canadian currency which would be a nearly fourteen percent increase I guess. This exchange rate is not so ridiculous that it would be fantastically painful if one gets cheated a little bit or even just pays the American price for everything really. You can handle it if it's just for a trip.

The friend I visited is one Felisha Storring. This photo was taken at: bon echo

This blog posting is really just an excuse to show off the pictures I took.

This was a mural in Kingston, Canada.

This is Collins Bay, a prison full of pedophiles and rapists, per Felisha, which is also in Kingston. It may be awful inside but the exterior is pretty cool... fun... aesthetic

This is Lake Ontario at Kingston. I was in the Ontario part of Canada during the whole of my trip.

Sharbot Lake also made for a good photo.

...or two!

I drove to Canada and I spent a night in Carrollton, Kentucky on the way. This is a gaudy piece of art there called: "Tree City"

This is a close up of the metal leaves on the tree.

This is yet more local crazy in Carrollton, Kentucky.

The goats seem peaceful.

I know Felisha because she has the child of my now deceased best friend from high school Ben Burns/Ben DeSilva/Ben Harris/Ace. His name is Kadence Martin.

Addendum 5/22/2015: Kadence is the younger of Ben's two sons, not THE child.

No comments:

Post a Comment