Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Time Warner may "quarantine" your router!

When I got home from work yesterday I could not connect to the internet. I reset the router and modem a bunch of times and restarted my laptop some too. That's how we solve these problems, right? No dice. I navigated through the Time Warner phone tree to speak to a Time Warner tech who had to defer to a second tech a level up who struggled to ping my router. Eventually he realized that a "quarantine" had been placed on my router and took the quarantine off. Even then I was yet unreachable and we scheduled a visit for a technician to see me on what would have been tomorrow. I was cut off from the internet all night and then my service was magically restored this morning so I could cancel the pending appointment. Perhaps they figured out their embarrassing problem. The second tech admitted that a quarantine has specifically been placed on my router to make it stop working as it was an old model. He suggested the idea was to force me to call in so that they could talk to me about a better, more modern router with more features!

No comments:

Post a Comment