Friday, October 10, 2014

Change Languages in Google Chrome?

  1. from the hotdog menu at the upper right pick "Settings"
  2. pick "Show advanced settings.."
  3. click "Language and input settings..." under a "Languages" subsection partway down the page to open a "Languages" modal
  4. there is an "Add" button here for adding new languages and you may click on different languages in a list to make them do different things such as be a default or be used in spell checking

In experimenting with this today I tried to test through Chrome but I couldn't get Frenchy Chrome to trigger Frenchy content. Sigh. Maybe I needed to restart my browser after changing up settings. I don't know.

Addendum 10/12/2014: Yes, you must close and reopen Chrome to see the effect of the change of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment