Tuesday, August 28, 2018

.sqlproj project is "incompatible" in Visual Studio 2017

I ran into a problem in which I would open a solution in Visual Studio 2017 and next to a .sqlproj file's (a SQL Server Database Project) project in the Solution Explorer was "(incompatible)" and any attempt to expand the project and look at what was inside would furthermore yield "The application is not installed." instead of showing actual files. In Googling against this problem I found some suggestions that perhaps I didn't have something installed in Visual Studio 2017 and so I used the Visual Studio Installer to install everything imaginable but nonetheless this did not solve the issue. What was more, I seemed able to make a new, different SQL Server Database Project side by side with the one that didn't work. I ultimately beat the bug by removing the project form the solution and then readding it. Now it's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment