Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Is there a way to REALLY get rid of StructureMap's ObjectFactory at web forms ASP.NET applications?

To follow up on this, there is apparently a way to wiggle away from ObjectFactory alltogether without using the magic binding at MVC Controller signatures. This has details. I'm going to have a story at work to figure this stuff out and there will be another blog posting when I know more. Wait... This is now being portrayed to me by my higherups as a better way to go. The second article seems to suggest creating a private static readonly IContainer Container and newing it up with = new Container(new ScanningRegistry());

Addendum 2/14/2015: Alright. Now I've done it. ScanningRegistry() is a home spun class of Christos Matskas here. It will have the ususal stuff that you would have otherwise put in Global.ascx.cs leading in with the this keyword like so: this.For<IWhatever>().Use...

No comments:

Post a Comment