Monday, December 1, 2014

Sometimes the restart is the fix after all.

I changed a username at a VMware VM and a web site hosted there lost the ability to talk to a database hosted at a different VM even though the application pool for the web site was using my LAN account whose password did not change and which had always been able to access said database. Also, the connection string specified "Integrated Security" in lieu of a username and password so things should have just fallen over to use whatever user was specified at the application pool. I don't get it. Anyways, I restarted the physical machine hosting both VMs and now everything is shipshape. What changed? The error I had been getting was "The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context." and now it is magically alleviated.

No comments:

Post a Comment