Thursday, January 26, 2012

demystify NuGet error messages

Today Jorge and I encountered this really vague NuGet error in Visual Studio:

Error 7 The command ""C:\AMD\trunk\src\Tools\nuget" update -self
"C:\AMD\trunk\src\Tools\nuget" install "C:\AMD\trunk\src\AMD.Avalanche.Web.UI\packages.config" -o "C:\AMD\trunk\src\Packages" -source file://BUILDS/nuget-lib" exited with code 1. AMD.Avalanche.Web.UI

 
 

Jorge suggested I open a command window and paste in the contents of the outer most quotes, namely:

"C:\AMD\trunk\src\Tools\nuget" update -self
"C:\AMD\trunk\src\Tools\nuget" install "C:\AMD\trunk\src\AMD.Avalanche.Web.UI\packages.config" -o "C:\AMD\trunk\src\Packages" -source file://BUILDS/nuget-lib

 
 

This revealed better error messages:



I'm not that in love with NuGet. I would prefer just keeping the needed .dlls in the lib folder. Rafael did mention that, when installing some .dlls, that NuGet will doctor up a Web.config file as is appropriate to be accommodating. I guess that is one thing in favor of the automation. I'm mostly turned off however. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment