Sunday, September 16, 2018

Work From Home?

I'm not a fan. I never once tested the RSA token while I was at Wells Fargo Advisors. However, here in Minnesota, my immediate superior asked that I make sure I could at least log in this weekend and so I went through that exercise, with success, yesterday.

The process is not what I expected. I had to buy at CAT5 cable at Best Buy and then hardwire my work laptop to my router at home for the first time where I would log in giving an eight digit pin when I was prompted for a "password" instead. Strange, strange, strange. After the pin is set one logs in giving the pin chased by the six numbers on the RSA token which change every one minute as a "password" and at this point one may just use the wireless and one doesn't have to have a LAN connection. (LAN being used very loosely.) When one powers up the laptop, instead of logging in normally one clicks an icon at the lower right in Windows 10 which looks like two computer monitors overlapping for the VPN entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment