Friday, September 21, 2018

I thought today of Anshu Jain saying "I saved us 20 tables" or however many while I was at FramesDirect.

Basically he had a settings table with a column for which pseudotable each row corresponded to. This was to sidestep a bunch of "little tables" and reduce database noise. I also remember him explaining to me that we were keeping all of our C# classes in the App_Code folder because framesdirect.com had to be up and making sales 24 hours a day and if we just updated one or two classes at a time in an update it would better than updating the whole of a .dll as it would be less likely to break a sale that was midstream in process. What a mess. Mamie Jones left right after I did and Ravi Meta followed her. Benoit Baudon de Mondy left when I did. Clotilde Bedoya was there for quite a while after. Some of the Anshu revelations above occurred before I started keeping this blog. (I started it at FramesDirect.) Anyhow, I'll try not to write of things older than this 7+ year old blog anymore. I'll try not to live in the past. Going forward I will only write of things that have occurred since I've moved to Minnesota. I'll try to look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment