Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Ted Neward

The one time I saw Ted Neward speak it was the one time I went to No Fluff Just Stuff in 2011 and his talk got canceled and thus there was a makeup talk at the very end of the conference after all of the other talks were done in which just a few of us were in attendance. I can't really remember it. It had something to do with mobile applications. The thing I remember the most is him venting about Apple and saying that the whole iPhone platform is really just about what Steve wants and what Steve thinks. This was before Steve Jobs died later in the year. Ted was right. There was no community input into the iPhone. It was just one man's vision. I also remember from this talk Ted suggesting to another in the crowd that he spend ten hours a week trying to grow professionally. "Just cut out your TV time." is how he put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment