Saturday, September 29, 2018

Eden Prairie's Teque Arepa is my new favorite restaurant.

A one-of-a-kind Venezuelan restaurant run by a Venezuelan family, the venue is a welcome addition to a city full of strip malls and chain stores. So far this is the most offbeat thing I have found in generic Eden Prairie. (A coworker recommended it.)

Teque Arepa offers Arepa, a Venezuelan dish of many shapes I had not heard of before. Basically you cut a muffin into the two "bread slices" of a little sandwich and you put something hot and wonderful inside. The dishes here are number 113 Catira Hot (left) and number 106 Pabellón (right) with the beef option.

The wealth of Arpea variants is rivaled by a wealth of smoothie variants. I guess we have some America creeping in with the Venezuela in that regard. My smoothie is a strawberry smoothie.

Why not try it for yourself? It is at 7733 Flying Cloud Drive in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The zip code is 55344. It's in a strip mall so there must be a suite number, but I can't find it in Googling for it. You'll see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment