Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Yes, you should probably shred documents, but you're not going to shred your notes right?

Well, what if your notes have a password in them? Should they just sit on your desk? Therein is a dilemma, huh? ...especially so for PCI compliance. I guess you could encrypt your notes by writing passwords backwards, cub scout style, but how could you ever argue that there is obfuscation under an audit? Ha! Glenn Burnside once asked me about one of the books I scribble in at work. There have been a few. I think I got the idea from Rod Paddock, intrigued by the book he kept. In a three monitor setup my book to note take in seems to be my fourth monitor. I feel really awful when it's not there should I forget my journal at home. It helps me think/focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment