Wednesday, June 8, 2016

LinkedIn won't let you send too many messages???

Here is something you can do as a techie to help other techies.

  1. Whenever recruiters try to friend you on LinkedIn, friend them!
  2. When they message you, once connected, about an opportunity, just don't respond.
  3. When you know of another techie looking for work, then respond to their messages off topic and mention that that party is looking.

By the time you are doing step 3, infrequently, you should be messaging multiple recruiters who have spooled up in your history/connections. This helps everyone, techies and recruiters alike, and it's something that anyone can do philanthropically but yet no one does do. As of tonight, I am hitting an obstacle with this however. LinkedIn seems to be blocking me from sending more messages to advertise that someone I know is on the market looking for work. Boo! I guess I could compose one blanket message to all recruiters in network at all recruiting firms, but that sure would be ghetto. I don't want to do that. How long must I wait before I may message again?

No comments:

Post a Comment