Saturday, November 8, 2014

Byte Order Mark

Today I noticed  sitting at the top of my web site like so:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2554445/how-to-fix-byte-order-mark-found-in-utf-8-file-validation-warning suggests that  may appear at very beginning of a "UTF-8" file and offers a fix. This thingamabob is called Byte Order Mark and I removed it by just FTPing down the Default.aspx home page for my site, opening it in Notepad, removing the Byte Order Mark which was the very first thing which appeared, and then FTPing it back up anew. Now the question is: How did it get there to begin with? Did the company hosting me (Network Solutions) move my web site to a different server and end up recreating Default.aspx somehow in the process? What happened? This problem appeared out of thin air!

No comments:

Post a Comment