Sunday, September 14, 2014

wearable tech?

I was just in the Barnes and Nobles Booksellers up the street and I saw this cover of Time magazine which is projecting that wearable tech is about to affect our lives as shepherded in by the coming Apple Watch. We've been hearing about wearable tech for a year and a half or so now. Will it indeed change our lives? I still see no reason not to cling to my iPhone for all my immediate out-in-public tech necessities, i.e. checking news/email and getting driving directions. Maybe there is something more in the magic that I don't yet see because I haven't wanted to try. I dunno. We've been hearing about Arduino and the internet of things for a spell now too, longer than wearable tech, and so far it all just seems like toys to me like... mmmm... everything Macintosh. I found it kind of comic that the dying world of print media would tell us what's next and trendy in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment