Saturday, December 28, 2013

Does Entity Framework no longer suck?

A goal of mine for the year ahead is to learn AngularJS, but it's probably also time to find an excuse for an Entity Framework 5 project. I'll need the skill. I see more and more Twitter traffic from NHibernate escapees embracing EF5. If I throw together a dummy project I'll do it the code first way as suggested here and not the old school way suggested here and here. My old framesdirect.com cellmate Jagruthi Mamidi (below at right) and her husband had a housewarming party today and when I compared notes with her regarding her immediate circumstance, well, sure enough, her workplace has shifted away from LINQ to SQL to EF! There is likely much to learn regarding IQueryable pitfalls and how to use IQueryable without opening the door to an anti-pattern.

 
 

Addendum 3/21/2018: Jagruthi Reddy is another name for Jagruthi Mamidi.

No comments:

Post a Comment