Saturday, January 12, 2013

Aaron Swartz, the creator of RSS, has died.

News is breaking now about Mr. Swartz's death. Honestly, I did not know who he was until this moment, but I have used his XML template/convention in the past certainly. It's growing antiquated, but was once the new hotness. Aaron Swartz seems to have died... badly. I am glad he got some recognition. I wish the following inventors recognition while I am thinking of it:

  1. Marc Andreessen invented the World Wide Web. What the internet was before and what it became couldn't be more stark. This turning point seems more important to me than the start of the internet back in the 1960s. Why isn't Marc a household name? Addendum 3/10/2014: This isn't really true. He just first exposed the World Wide Web to the greater public. See: this
  2. Philo T. Farnsworth was a farm boy who worked a field back and forth while progressively up to down. He realized that you could paint a pane of glass with electrons in a comparable manner to make a picture! He invented the television.
  3. Catherine Greene invented the cotton gin.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment