Wednesday, January 1, 2020

on New Year's Day eat black-eyed peas for luck and cabbage for money in the year ahead

I think it's technically collard greens and not cabbage, but cabbage is a type of collard green. Anyhow, if cabbage and black-eyed peas don't sound like the tastiest things, well you have problem to solve don't you? I decided to dress them up with some Cuban red beans and pepperoni.

I mixed the canned beans together and boiled the hodgepodge for three or four minutes to basically warm up what were already cooked beans as canned beans tend to be. Beforehand, I had hand torn both chunks of cabbage and chunks of pepperoni. I had had previous success in hand tearing chunks of pepperoni here and basically I am using the peperoni confetti in lieu of any other form of spice such as salt or Tabasco.

It came out better than I had hoped. It was really easy to eat luck and money. Very tasty! I wished I had made more afterwards. The cabbage as an accent is really the way to have cabbage. I hope that 2020 is good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment