Thursday, October 3, 2019

How much is Java really like C#?

The one time I went to No Fluff Just Stuff it was a little bit after I started keeping this blog in July of 2011. Five blog posts that I've made that tie back to it are this, this, this, this, and this. What is there new to mention? Sukant Hajra ran into me there and pointed out to his friends that I was there even though I was a C# guy instead of a Java guy as if to try to add street cred to the notion that No Fluff Just Stuff wasn't just for Java devs like he had just been arguing that point. Paul Rayner told me I could attend his DDD training over email even though I had a C# background. I thought about it. At a lunch I commented to others how much the Java code Paul Rayner showed off sure looked like C#. I'm no longer at Optum because the .NET work they had for me to do basically amounted to server maintenance. I put my hand up to just write Java like everyone else and my superior wasn't crazy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment