Saturday, October 27, 2018

up past your bedtime?

I tried the "Uptown Diner" at 2548 Hennepin Avenue in both Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA and the 55405 zip code around two in the morning today. I specifically went here because I have been trying to find an open-all-hours place where one may grab food when one is up past one's bedtime.

It's legit. The food wasn't fantastic, but it was passible. It was greasy spoon fare like IHOP or Denny's. The problem with IHOP and Denny's outside of Texas is that they are technically open at night while not taken seriously. You go into an IHOP or a Denny's in the middle of the night outside of Texas and there will be like one waitress and one cook inside leading to a forty minute wait amongst a bunch of dirty tables. Anyhow, Uptown Diner is not a chain falling into neglect in a certain region. It has only one locale and thus that locale is not arbitrarily open 24 hours to satisfy corporate policy, but instead it runs as it does for a reason and the keepers had better get it right. I give it an A- grade. I was impressed by all of the freaks I saw inside. I haven't really seen that since I have been in the Twin Cities, but there they were.

One of the frustrating things about living in Eden Prairie is the lack of stuff that is open in the middle of the night. There is the drive through at a McDonald's though the dining room is closed after 11 P.M. and there is a Walmart. Lame! I guess I have to venture out to eat in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment