Tuesday, July 10, 2012

System.Xml.Linq

System.Xml in an application I'm touching ported up to C# 4.0 and from C# 2.0 does not include System.Xml.Linq. When I try to destroy and replace the reference to System.Xml in the Solution Explorer the stuff under the ".NET" tab in the "Add Reference" dialog box is just 2.0 stuff again. I get a .dll from:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.XML.dll

 
 

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

...is the better place to fo fishing.

 
 

Now I'm done fishing. It turns out...

  1. The project in question was still on the 2.0 framework. I fixed this by right-clicking on the project in the Solution Explorer and selecting: "Properties"
  2. System.Xml.Linq turns out to be its own namespace beyond System.Xml

No comments:

Post a Comment