Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My WinForms app cannot run on someone else's laptop from the .exe!!!

Cannot start Application
Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue.

 
 

How do I beat this error? This suggests right-clicking on the WinForms UI project, picking "Properties" from the menu that appears, and then at the Application tab of the project Properties changing the Manifest to "Create application without a manifest" might help. I have not tested it yet myself. I'm going to try it in tandem with this.

 
 

Addendum 10/19/2018: Surreally, this issue turned out to be the folder I was keeping the published files in. When I copied and pasted the files out to the desktop of the Windows Server 2012 R2 environment I was attempting to run the app at the goofy problem went away. I thought at first this might be a permissions issue caused by dragging and dropping a folder with different permission from a file share, but even when I copied and pasted the folder the problem continued. Wacky!

No comments:

Post a Comment