Tuesday, April 9, 2013

One of the pain points I've fought through with SignalR is that something doesn't want to publish correctly.

I bought some third party hosting at discountasp.net and then became frustrated when I couldn't get the same SignalR project that ran in both Cassini and IIS Express to run there. After banging my head against the wall some I realized I was running unpublished code at Cassini and IIS Express and code I had published to a folder at discountasp.net. On the other side of realizing my mistake I pushed up my UI project to discountasp.net (with the other projects existing as .dlls so-to-speak within its bin folder) and then, suddenly, my app started working. I have been working on a SignalR project as detailed here, here, here, here (where MagicStringFactory has not yet been renamed to MagicStringLibrary), here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment