Friday, August 9, 2019

There is a skybridge maze in downtown Minneapolis.

Femi Oyekan once told me back in Texas that you can walk all around the downtown of Minneapolis in skybridges and that they have to have something like that there because it gets so cold. I have lived in the Twin Cities for a year now, but only today ventured into the skybridge maze as I really don't have a reason to go to Minneapolis and moreover you have to go on a weekday during work hours or the skybridges will be closed. As it happens, today is the last day of my first week off in three* years and I knew what I wanted to see today. It looks like so:

When I visited The Software Guild eight days ago, I realized that their building was on the skybridge system so I went in there to begin with and then up to the second floor where the vast majority of the skybridge infrastructure sits. As I wandered building to building, I found places to eat and department stores! I did manage to get lost too. Fun!

*I suppose I had a full week off just shy of two years ago if you count some of the bonus time Hurricane Harvey logistics added to my California trip by making it impossible to fly back to Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment