Friday, August 16, 2019

I am probably not cut out to be a male model.

Nonetheless I wanted to share a recreation of a set of five Facebook posts I made this week every day before work.

1of5: The first of five new skinnier ensembles this week. Alright I've had the underarmor shoes for a couple of months now but they are still new and pristine. One of the outfits will use my old black and white Hawaiian shirt now that I can fit back into it so maybe that is cheating too. Everything else is new. This Hawaiian shirt comes from the gift shop at the Microsoft Visitor's Center in Redmond, Washington. The belt is Tommy Bahama. The trousers are Brooks Brothers.

2of5: Here is the preexisting Hawaiian shirt I eluded to in the last post. I got it from a street-side vendor on Austin's 6th street in either 2014 or 2015. It's probably my favorite shirt but I haven't been able to wear it in recent years as I've had to sport XXL stuff in lieu of XL stuff. The pants are Banana Republic. The shoes and belt are what they were in the last blog posting.

3of5: Good golly, today is really happy 1940s picnic day! Yes, I'm really going to work like this. The hat and umbrella weren't originally going to be a part of the ensemble but I picked them up in the Mall of America yesterday feeling flamboyant. The umbrella is from Old Navy and the hat from a shop called Chapel Hats with "Bailey" as the brand inside. The shirt is Tommy Bahama and the shoes and belt are what they were in the past two posts. The white trousers come from Banana Republic and its going to be a challenge keeping them clean. There was already a coffee mishap this morning where flecks of coffee got on them. I tried to clean up and I feel the lingering damage is so subtle that I might as well charge forward. I guess when I wash the pants they must get washed alone.

4of5: Conservative Thursday. Pants by Banana Republic. Shirt by Brooks Brothers. The belt and shoes are what they have been in the past three posts.

5of5: Here we are at the end of this. The shoes are what they always have been across all five posts and everything else in the outfit is Tommy Bahama. In another circumstance I might have to muster bravery to wear lavender slacks but not after Wednesday's ensemble, no. Bye all.

No comments:

Post a Comment