Thursday, November 1, 2018

AirDrop photos at modern iOS orchestrations.

On an iPhone 10 when you tap at the icon of a box with an arrow pointing skyward to send a photo you will see an AirDrop banner above the familiar message and mail icons. At least this is true with the version of iOS I have. I bought my iPhone 10 earlier this year and have not been the best about updating the iOS honestly. I’m not on version 12 as of yet. Anyways, this banner is pretty boring unless someone is holding their ear open to listen for airdropped photos, but if someone is listening you will see them at this banner and may push your photo into their photos library. To hold my ear open on my own phone, I drag down from the amount-of-battery-life symbol at the upper right and then press and hold in the dead space between four circles with icons (for airplane mode, cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth) that are in a box at the upper left together. This eventually opens up more options, one of them is AirDrop, and tapping that reveals options for Everyone to open up an ear and Receiving Off to close it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment