Friday, January 16, 2015

Extended Events

Something more from this talk, was Extended Events found under Management in SSMS. It was suggested that instead of using the profiler or the tuner that Extended Events and Executions Plans were now the way to go. I tried to set one up by right-clicking on "Sessions" under Extended Events and picking "New Session..."

I then picked "Query Detail Sampling" as a template per this, but I really didn't get much farther in this process.

I get the impression that I should next be able to run a SQL query and see some reporting in the Extended Event as an effect. (By the way, once you have an event under "Sessions" you will need to right-click upon it to make it started instead of stopped.) Alas, I really didn't have any luck getting it to work today, not before I reached a point at which I told myself I was spending too much time on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment