Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I wish I still had my "Udi Dahan" notes.

In 2008 I took an SOA training taught by Udi Dahan. I wish I could find my notes. I think they are sitting on a server Headspring has probably gotten rid of. :(

 
 

Udi's NServiceBus wraps MSMQ (Microsoft Message Queuing) and takes the pain out of using it. I say that having never used NServiceBus myself.

 
 

Here I found a link to here listing the 8 fallacies of distributed computing:

  1. The network is reliable.
  2. Latency is zero.
  3. Bandwidth is infinite.
  4. The network is secure.
  5. Topology doesn't change.
  6. There is one administrator.
  7. Transport cost is zero.
  8. The network is homogeneous.

 
 

This goes into the five types of coupling:

  1. Afferent (if X depends on Y, Y is afferently coupled to X)
  2. Efferent (if X depends on Y, X is efferently coupled to Y)
  3. Platform
  4. Temporal
  5. Spatial

No comments:

Post a Comment