Saturday, March 10, 2018

I'm an Olympic Athlete?

Forest Park in St. Louis is supposedly as big or bigger than Central Park in New York! I went for the first time today in hopes of finding someone I could manipulate into taking some photos of me. My victim turned out to be a woman parking next to me who asked me where the meter was. I told her that I used the Parkmobile app, was of no help to her, and then talked her into being my cameraman. Awesome. These are some of the photos she took of me pretending to be a certain someone, Thomas Jaeschke. A coworker once asked me if I hate having to now share my name with him as if I were Michael Bolton in Office Space, and no I do not. All and all, what's not to like about the other Tom Jaeschke? Every time you see a picture of him he's just so happy to be playing volleyball as if nothing in the world could be more important or, alternatively, as if nothing in the world is important and thus: yay for volleyball! Even though I had an exclusive lock on the name Tom Jaeschke at Google up until maybe 2013 when he showed up and took my name away from me, I will not refer to him as a no talent ass clown. I sense someone just as silly and goofy as yours truly and thus I cannot judge harshly. What do you think of my attempt to channel him? Do I pull off looking nineteen years younger (consistent with my actual maturity) and eight inches taller? It's kinda flimsy, huh? I guess it might help if I wasn't holding a volleyball for my first time today since the P.E. class in my sophomore year in high school. I wasn't too shabby at volleyball in that P.E. class. I was the kid who got picked last for everything else, but I remember that Kevin Tree Breeze E (last name phonetically represented and sorry for no photographic memory) pulled me in to be his partner in some two versus two shit once. I can think of another time with two full teams facing off in my freshman year when the ball bounced off one of our guys and flew out of bounds on our side of the net and I ran twenty feet beyond borders and was able to save it heroically and lob it back to the other side in a miracle move. In that circumstance however I think there was some more back and forth and then the enemy just scored against our team anyways so I was flashy for naught. Times I screwed up at volleyball included trying to serve with an underhanded lob by way of a bounce off the fist while I didn't tuck my thumb into my fist causing the ball to go in the wrong direction. Man I hated high school. I try to never think of it. I suppose I'm only thinking of it now because I am thinking of volleyball for the first time in a quarter century. The other me clearly couldn't get enough of volleyball in high school and went all the way to the Olympics with it. When I was at Veteran's Affairs, Keith Jaeger the DBA with Kforce had a daughter who went to the junior Olympics and helped USA win the gold. Supposedly she had a revolutionary way of firing the volleyball across the net kinda like a serve in tennis. She played tennis before picking up volleyball I think. Maybe her name was Sarah. Again, no photographic memory. Enough already. My cosplay is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment