Thursday, May 19, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Windows XP Unattended Installs

I am a Microsoft Certified Professional! This means very little. It means that I managed to pass one exam: Exam 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional ...remember a dozen years back when everyone was so obsessed with certs? I ended up with one myself a few years later. Now I'm an MCP. Anyways, the silly test I took was on Windows XP and the big feature to study up on was unattended installs! This was a way to just kick off the install without having to next-next-next through a wizard while waiting minutes on end between panes of the wizard while stuff was shoved to your PC! You could just walk away and come back to it being done! I never actually did it myself and I can't remember anything about it now. I thought this retro forgettable stuff might tickle you.

No comments:

Post a Comment