Sunday, April 14, 2013

Make an old school animated .gif in Abode Photoshop CS6.

I could not get this or this to work out for me. Here is how I did it:

  1. I went to: File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack...
  2. At the dialog box that appeared, I selected a series of four images of .jpg extension and then I clicked "OK."
  3. The Layers pane showed the four images as a series of layers!
  4. I opened the timeline pane from: Window > Timeline
  5. I clicked the "Create Video Timeline" button in the middle of the Timeline pane to create a timeline.
  6. I messed around with the timeline and got it the way I wanted it to be.
  7. I went to: File > Save for Web...
  8. In the "Save for Web" dialog box I set the "Looping Options" drop down at the lower right to "Forever."
  9. I clicked the "Preview..." button to preview.
  10. I clicked the "Save..." button to save.

 
 

Addendum 6/24/2017: I thought of this just now. It still works. I made this .gif of Laurie Segall with screen grabs off of cnn.com

 
 

Addendum 6/25/2017: I updated yesterday's .gif and made it even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment