Monday, November 26, 2012

one has to have the Enterprise level of Ektron to use eSync which allows for local development copies of the MSSQL database

I arrived in Nashua, New Hampshire today for a few weeks of business travel. I will be working with Ektron while I am here, and as fate would have it, Ektron itself is located in Nashua. I could not resist stopping by to see what I might gleam. Thanks to Derek Barka for taking the time to meet with me!

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I'll start work tomorrow. It is rather hard to know what to expect from the outside looking in and without having had the opportunity to work with Ektron before. We flirted with using Ektron at FramesDirect for a shopping cart package, but ultimately FramesDirect went with Magento. Derek said that http://developer.ektron.com/ is a good place to go with questions. Ektron is also very good about responding to Twitter-based queries. They have been very proactive about engaging with me once I started blogging of Ektron. The receptionist at Ektron gave me some canned marketing materials and together with the Wrox book I bought, this comprises all of the print reading materials I could find.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Alright, I know this blog posting has been mostly fluff. The thing I want to say is: Ektron has three engagement levels:

  • Enterprise
  • Professional
  • Standard
Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

...and one has to have the Enterprise level to use eSync which allows for local development copies of the MSSQL database. I don't think that will exist where I am going. This is my hunch, based on what I've heard. I'll know more tomorrow on the other side of the ocean of the unknown.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

No comments:

Post a Comment